Eligibility to Become a member
LASL membership is open to any Leasing Company or Finance institution registered with the Central bank of Sri Lanka, under the Finance Leasing Act No. 56 of 2000, and which are licensed to carry out leasing operation in Sri Lanka.
Please copy the attached specimen application onto a letter-head and send your application to reach the following.
Eligibility to Become a Valuer
LASL members only accept valuations produced by companies registered and authorized by LASL. If you possess the following qualification and experience and would interest in register with LASL, you could download the application form via the below link.
Eligible Criteria to become a motor valuer of LASL
You should be a Member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers of Sri Lanka (IAESL), who possess one of the following qualifications or any other qualification acceptable to IAESL
- i. BSc Mechanical or Automobile Engineering from a recognized University
- ii. Associate Membership of IAE (Institute of Auto Engineers of Sri Lanka)
- iii. NDT in Automobile, HNDE in Automobile, TTI in Automobile, HARDY in Automobile.
- iv. CGTTI (Ceylon German Technical Training Institute)
- v. Automobile Engineering Training Institute, Orugodawatta (Japan Tech)
- vi. MIMI (UK), NAITA, City & Guilds, NCT in Automobile with Three year’s training under the qualified practicing valuer
Duly completed application forms should be sent to following address and the approval of the application is at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the Leasing Association.
Guideline to LASL Valuers
This guideline consists of the areas such as selection process of Valuers and the code of conduct and ethics to be followed by the LASL Valuers.
LASL Valuers are encouraged and advised to follow the rules and regulations specified therein, in order to ensure the professional business conduct.
CBSL Directions, Circulars and Guidelines
LASL members could easily access the directions, circulars and guidelines applicable for the Non-Bank Finance and Leasing institutions, issued by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, through the following link.